Shizuoka Kita High School
Shizuoka Kita High School was established in 1963. Located in the suburb of Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, our school has about 1,300 students of 10th to 12th grade. We are spreading our school to the secondary school, which has 7th– 9th graders from April 2010.
SIST stands for Shizuoka Institute of Science and Technology. There are 9 schools in this group, which consists of University (SIST), 2 upper secondary schools (Shizuoka Kita High School and Seiryo High School), and 6 technical schools (4 computer schools, 1 design school, and 1 school for travel and airline). There are about 6,000 students and 500 staffs in our group.
Hypothesis A “If students are attracted by charm of science and learning, their motivation to participate in classes and research activities will be raised.”
– Method A1 Science Communication
– Method A2 Incentive Lectures
– Method A3 Super Lectures
Hypothesis B “If students experience to observe the environment quantitatively and precisely many times and know the consideration methods of making use of mathematics, their sensitivity and curiosity to phenomena and effects will be brought out and their eagerness to discover their themes of studies will be developed.
– Method B1 Fieldworks of Environmental Research
– Method B2 Theme Discovery Trainings
Hypothesis C“If students learn the methods of designing studies, their motivation to solve problems by themselves will be raised by creative ideas.”
– Method C1 Laboratories visits
– Method C2 Research activities
Hypothesis D“If students learn presentation techniques and have a lot of experience, their effort and methods toward their themes will be arranged and their motivation to make their research activities step-up by themselves will be raised.”
– Method D1 Basics of IT & Scientific English practical use
– Method D2 The application of IT & Scientific English practical use
Shizuoka Kita High School
5-14-1 Sena Aoi-ku Shizuoka City,
Shizuoka 420-0911 Japan
1. Get on the Shizutetsu Just Line bus bound for “Sena-Shinden(瀬名新田)” or “Sokusawa(則沢)” at Bus Stop No.20 on the north side of JR Shizuoka Station, and get off at “Shizuokakouiriguchi（静岡北高入口）”. ( Time : 30min by bus and 1min walk )
2. Get on the Shizutetsu Just Line bus bound for “Sena-Shinden(瀬名新田)” at the Bus Stop at JR Kusanagi Station and get off at “Senahara（瀬名原）”. ( Time: About 15 min and 1min work. )
From Fujieda Take the Seishin bypass（静清バイパス） to the Sena(瀬名) exit and turn left. Go about 2.5 km and turn left at the Circle K convenience store. Shizuoka Kita High School is on the left.
From Fuji Take the Seishin bypass（静清バイパス） to the Torisaka(鳥坂) exit, turn right at the second traffic light. Go about 2.5 km and turn left at the Circle K convenience store. Shizuoka Kita High School is on the left.